The Progress

4/22/2006

Set!

Like the little kid and his father in the Disney ad, I can't sleep.

It's been a hectic few days closing up things at home, driving here, and getting the boat ready; but at long last I think I'm as ready to start as I'll ever be. There is always something else to do but the gear is stowed, the galley is stocked, the filters are changed, the tanks are full (except for the holding which is empty), and the first day's route is programmed into the chart plotter. The rest is out of my hands. And there is the problem.

The weather forecast for tomorrow leaves a lot to be desired. Sitting here and watching the Weather Channel is either frightening, frustrating, or down right depressing. I'm not sure which. I just need to shut down this busy mind and face things as they are.

Oh well Amanda is going to call early and we'll make the call then. Hopefully it will be a safe and sane decision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home