Here We Go Again
Sun, 4/22/07 AM
Charleston, SC
Charleston, SC
Well, I’m sitting here in the City Marina waiting for Lois to wake up, and Amanda to call with her plans for today.
We are leaving this morning and heading north about 60 miles to Georgetown. Amanda and the boys may be joining us and Jason will meet us in Georgetown for dinner and take his family home. Then it’s Lois and I for the next 4 days into New Bern, NC.
I arrived on Wed and got the boat ready to go; and Lois came in Fri to get settled in and spend a little time with Amanda, Jason, and the boys.
To the best of my knowledge we are ready to go. Plenty of food and provisions, the fuel and water tanks are full, and the holding tank is empty. The engines are ready, the boat is clean, the bicycle stowed, and the routes are planned. Now I just need to get underway and get rid of the pre-departure jitters. It’s different this time out, and I don’t know how to describe it. I’m excited and nervous; and looking forward to again “living the life”. It’s just hard to get into the moment and be deliberate. I know this will pass once we are underway.
I’ll try to keep up with posting when I have access, and hopefully I will cover the area from the Outer Banks north to New York, so I will have covered the entire route.
Rick
1 Comments:
Hey Rick. Great to have dinner with you and Lois. Have a safe trip north! I hope you continue to have great weather and smooth waters!
Pat and Brad
By
NeptuneGirl, at 4/24/07, 9:11 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home